An essential way to get a glowing complexion is to nourish and hydrate our bodies with whole foods and herbs that contain anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Berries contain powerful antioxidants called anthocyanins, which give the fruit their richly pigmented color and offer a large range of health benefits, many of which support healthy skin. The herbs in this beauty bowl work together to holistically provide healing qualities needed for healthy cell growth, regeneration, and vibrance.
Recipe from Root & Nourish: An Herbal Cookbook for Women's Wellness using our precious plant medicines!
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES. SERVES 2.SMOOTHIE BOWL
- 2 cups coconut water
- 1/8 teaspoon ground Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Rose Powder
- 1 teaspoon Schisandra Powder
- 1 heaping tablespoon plant-based Collagen Powder
- 2 teaspoons Maca Powder
- 3 tablespoons Chia seeds
- 1 frozen banana, peeled
- ½ cup berries (see Note)
- 2 teaspoons Chia Seeds
- 2 teaspoons Hemp Seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried culinary-grade Rose petals
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened Coconut Chips or flakes
- Combine the coconut water, turmeric, rose powder, Schisandra powder, collagen powder, and maca in a high-speed blender. Blitz until smooth. Add the chia seeds and banana; blend again until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into two bowls and garnish with the toppings in a creative pattern that reflects the beauty of you and your meal.
NOTE: Use berries that are in season and locally available to you in this bowl. Our favorites include strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries.