In this day and age our body is setup to deal with quite a lot of environmental stressors. In most populated environments we are bombarded with different toxic stressors -- biologically, chemically, environmentally, nutritionally, physically, physiologically and spiritually. Although fluoride has become the most popular showning the most evidence on damaging the pineal gland, all heavy metals collaborate in blocking the pineal and other internal organs.
The size of only a grain of rice, this tiny gland is an essential player as to how we perceive reality, make decisions, perform and how we sleep. A healthy-functioning pineal is essential for psychological development, peak performance, and spiritual awakening.
“Unlike most of our brain, the blood-brain barrier doesn’t isolate the pineal from the rest of our body. Instead, the pineal gets a tremendous amount of blood flow, second only to the kidneys. Surrounded by and immersed in cerebrospinal fluid, this gland camps out in a tiny cave-like area behind and above the pituitary gland.” - Pub Med
The pineal gland secretes melatonin (through the conversion of serotonin), which activates the pituitary gland to release MSH — the melanocyte stimulating hormone that produces melanin.
In a study done by British scientist Jennifer Luke back in the 1990s, she discovered high concentrations of fluoride in the pineal gland on her subjects.
THE DAMAGING EFFECTS OF FLUORIDE, ANTIBIOTICS AND HEAVY METALS
Fluoride, is found in most municipal water around the world, along with many more pesticides and chemicals. In this study here you find how there are a load of pharmaceuticals and toxins within our water supply, deliberately added, as well as due to poor waste water management and lack of proper filtration. To read more about the truth on tap water, and whats added depending amongst regions in the US, here's a good article.
Pesticides and heavy metals within water accumulates in the pineal more than any other part of the body. This accumulation of fluoride forms phosphate crystals, creating a hard shell around the pineal called calcification. See image above.
SCIENTIFIC STUDIES ON PINEAL CALCIFICATION
Studies show that pineal gland calcification:
• Lowers productions of melatonin
• Impairs the sleep-wake cycle
• Disrupts the regulation of the circadian rhythm
Fluoridated water is believed to be one of the chief causes of calcification in the pineal gland. Evidence suggests that children reach puberty earlier now as a consequence of fluoridated water. And, fluoride exposure in animal studies has found to decrease melatonin significantly.
According to a scientific study on the effect of fluoride on the pineal, the average person by the time they are in their mid-thirties has a pineal gland that is more like a small, hard, fluoride-based pebble.
Simply put, when our pineal gland is calcified, we’re out of balance with our basic biological functioning. On another note, ancient traditions knew of the pineal gland and enshrouded its mysteries in their lore. They knew that it played a key role with our intuition, and spiritual development. With an increasingly toxic world, we must be aware to keep it active and healthy, to further unlock our potential.
THE DAMAGING RESULTS FROM FLUORIDE
According to an article on Mercola.com the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the American Dental Association have been recommending against fluoridation in situations impacting young children. In that same article Dr. Mercola mentions the following negative effects of fluoride ingestion:
Increases lead absorption, dementia, genetic damage and cell death, disrupts synthesis of collagen, bone fractures, increases tumor and cancer rate, hyperactivity and/or lethargy, damages sperm and increases infertility, brain damage and lowered IQ, impairs sleep by impairing melatonin production by your pineal gland, and more.
NATURALLY DECALCIFY YOUR PINEAL GLAND
Support your body’s detoxification with these herbs and foods. There are a lot of supplements out there that also assist in the removal of fluoride. But my mission here is to show you basic raw foods and herbs that support this process, without the use of ultra processed or pharmaceutical based sources.
MEDICINAL HERBS FOR THE PINEAL GLAND
1. MILK THISTLE: Contains powerful antioxidants proven to be highly effective in liver detoxification, removal of heavy metals, prescription medications, chemotherapy, radiation, environmental pollution, and so much. For scientific studies, read here.
2. MORINGA: Moringa has been used as a natural water filter as a solution in many countries where it naturally grows and there is soiled or toxic water. On this article by Academia, a study notes how moringa seed powder and fresh leaves removes first by joining with the particles and sinking to the bottom. Also as an extremely beneficial solution to removing harmful bacteria and toxins from bodies of water.
3. CHAGA: its dark color signals only some of the depth and potency of its nutrient-rich benefits. It provides high doses of melatonin and melanin which can play a critical role in pineal gland health. It also is well known and studied for its anti-tumoral properties, along with its profound ability to help fight against bacterial infection. In a study, both hot water and ethanol extracts of Chaga (broken cell wall) are able to kill bacterial and fungal cells in cell culture (R).
4. ALGAE: Chlorella, Spirulina and blue green algae are known to powerfully detoxify the body, as well as binding to heavy metals. These and other chlorophyll-dense superfoods remove metal toxins that build up in organs, increase oxygen levels, repair damaged tissue, and boost the immune system. The ability to remove toxic metals from organs aids the body in removing metal buildup. Plus, by boosting oxygen and immune function, it may help your body reverse pineal gland calcification.
Other great superfoods that might be in your pantry:
1. ACTIVATED CHARCOAL: Known for its ability to bind to certain poisons, heavy metals, and other toxins and flush them from your body, making it a wonder substance for acute and general detoxification. (R)
2. RAW APPLE CIDER VINEGAR. A natural detoxifier, raw apple cider vinegar helps decalcify the pineal gland due to its malic acid properties. Malic acid is an organic compound that gives fruits their sour taste. When taken as a supplement, it supports the digestive system and helps the body detoxify. (R)
3. TAMARIND has been studied to safely remove fluoride from the body! In a 2002 study published in European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, researchers found that a third of an ounce of tamarind fruit given to healthy boys for 18 days enhanced urinary excretion of fluoride – in amounts that researchers called “significant.” (R)
There are a lot of fantastic other options, like iodine and colloidal silver. Feel free to share below on your favorites.
QUICK TIPS ON CHANGES YOU CAN DO NOW AT HOME:
- Invest in a water filter for drinking water, and ideally on your shower head too, to avoid water on your skin. If you're able to do whole house filtration, its one of the best investments you could ever do for yourself.
- Eat as organic as possible to avoid heavy metals from food.
- Only buy high quality toiletries - like biodegradable soap and detergent, and fluoride free toothpaste.
ACTIVATED MORINGA LATTE
to awaken and mineralize
1/2tsp spirulina + chlorella (mix 50/50)
2Tbsp coconut cream powder
2-4oz plant based milk of choice (add milk as you like)
1tsp coconut sugar (optional)
6-8oz hot water (not boiling!)
*for an extra "anti-calcification" touch, add 1/2tsp of our Viridem Elixir or Liver Vitality powder. Both contain moringa, spirulina, chlorella, milk thistle, burdock, dandelion and more (all known for drawing out heavy metals too). Our Viridem elixir is a double extract liquid, and our Liver Vitality is a mix of extract powders and fresh ground super-powders.
Steep the moringa, matcha in the hot water. Whisk it well or use a hand held blender. Then add your coconut cream powder (or butter), milk and spirulina-chlorella blend. To avoid the seaweed taste intensify, add it after the infusion.
I like to make it very strong on the matcha-moringa notes, reduce if you'd like to make it a little less intense. Also, for kids, just opt out the matcha, and reduce amounts, my toddler loves it!