In celebration of our new Butterfly Pea Powder, which launches next week(!!), we present to you a 'Cosmic Layered Pannacotta' with maple chocolate sauce! This recipe, also featuring our Happiness powder, Rose, and Cacao is a beautiful, healthy treat full of mood boosting properties. Read on for the recipe below.
There are 4 Layers, and each layer is a different flavor and color, but uses the same base. These can be made in lined mini-muffin tins, but I used half-sphere silicone molds that hold about 1 1/2 Tablespoons in each mold.
LAYERED PANNA COTTA
Recipe and photography by Tara of The Medicine Circle.
- 2 Cans of Full-Fat Coconut Milk -- these will be divided into 4 for the 4 layers of the panna cotta, so 1/2 of 1 Can/about 6oz or approximately 3/4 Cup
- 2 Teaspoons Agar Agar Powder -- this will also be divided into 4, so 1/2 teaspoon per layer
- 2 Tbsps Arrowroot Powder -- divided into 4, so 1/2 tablespoon per layer
- 6 Tablespoons Honey, Sugar, Maple Syrup or sweetener of your choice, so 1 1/2 Tablespoons sweetener per layer
For each layer, there are different plants and additional flavors:
Layer 1: 1 Heaping Tablespoon Butterfly Pea Flower Powder & 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
Layer 2: 1 -2 Tablespoons Dried Edible Flowers "Funfetti" - could be any edible flowers or a combination, including roses & 1/8 Teaspoon of Almond Extract (optional)
Layer 3: 1 Heaping Tablespoon of Anima Mundi Rose Powder & 1 Teaspoon of Black Carrot Powder (for color-can also use a red or purple natural dye of your choice)
Layer 4: 1 Heaping Tablespoon of Anima Mundi Happiness Powder
- Start with the first layer which will be on the bottom of your muffin tin or silicone mold. If you want to do only two layers, just adjust the amounts by doubling 1 layer.
- In a medium saucepan, add the 1/2 can of coconut milk and the sweetener, and bring to a simmer. Quickly whisk in the butterfly pea flower powder and vanilla extract.
- Now whisk in the agar agar powder for about 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle in the arrowroot powder while whisking continuously.
- The mixture will immediately begin to thicken.
- Turn off the heat, and using a teaspoon, add about 1 1/2 teaspoons per mold. I was able to fill about 12 small molds.
- Place in the freezer to harden while you prepare the next layer.
- Repeat the above steps, but add in the dried edible flowers & almond extract for the second layer instead of the butterfly pea flower powder and vanilla extract. Repeat the entire process and then move onto the third layer, using Anima Mundi Rose Powder. Finally repeat the entire set of directions, 1-7, and substitute in the Anima Mundi Happiness Powder.
- While the 4th layer is cooling in the freezer prepare the Maple Salted Chocolate Sauce.
MAPLE SALTED CHOCOLATE SAUCE
- 1/8 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Water
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp Anima Mundi Cacao Powder
- Dash of Sea Salt
- In a small skillet, heat the coconut sugar, maple syrup, and water over medium-low heat or flame until they begin to bubble.
- Whisking constantly, add in the vanilla extract and cacao powder. Add in the dash of salt and continue whisking.
- Turn off the heat and add about 1 1/2 teaspoons to a plate.
- Add the panna cotta to the plate & garnish with edible flowers and a sprinkle of rose powder!
Enjoy! Also, stay tuned for our Butterfly Pea Powder, which will be available on pre-order this week!