BLUE LOTUS DREAMING Broth Recipe
Blue Lotus Dream Broth? Yes, please. This beautiful recipe by Tara of The Medicine Circle is full of healing, nourishing ingredients as well as herbs for the nervous system and intuition. Garlic, ginger, and mugwort add pungent, bitter flavors to help move energy and create warmth in the body. Adaptogenic mushrooms such as Cordyceps and Lion's Mane help to protect the immune system and balance mood. Finally, Blue Lotus is added to soothe the nervous system and access the third eye and dreams. It all comes together to create a gorgeous, nutrient-dense broth sure to warm the body and soothe the soul.
- 5 Cups Assorted Mushrooms--Shiitake, Enoki, Oyster, Portabello, Porcini, etc
- 12-16 Cups Water
- 1-2 Whole Heads of Garlic
- 1 3 Inch Knob of Ginger Root, chopped loosely
- 1 Large Onion, cut in half
- 3 Tablespoons Burdock Root (dried) Or 1 fresh root (6-8 inches) chopped
- 3-4 Kombu Seaweed pieces or about 1 Cup Seaweed of Your Choice
- 2-3 Slices Citrus-lemon or blood orange
- 2 Sprigs Rosemary
- Optional: 2 Tablespoons Mugwort, Artemisia vulgaris (not for pregnant women)
- 2-3 Big Pinches Anima Blue Lotus Flower
- 1 Tbsp Anima Lion's Mane Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Anima Cordyceps Powder
- 4 Carrots, chopped loosely
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Sea Salt
- Place everything except the blue lotus flower in a large pot on the stove and simmer for 2 hours.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the lotus flowers, cover, and let it steep for 20-30 minutes. Lotus flowers do not want to be boiled, so make sure they are not put into a boiling broth.
- Strain, and stir in miso while the broth is hot, but not boiling as this will destroy the live enzymes in the miso!
- Add salt to taste--at least 1- 2 Teaspoons