While each and every one of us may have discovered our favorite banana bread recipe this past year, we bet you have never tried one like this! By adding in blueberries, and topping it with frosting, this loaf already goes above and beyond! And then, with the addition of some very impactful "secret" ingredients, this becomes way more than a dessert.
Sarah included our Qi Energy + Protein powder, which is bursting with adaptogens that help to balance the adrenals, provide jitters-free sustained energy, and add some healthy protein to your day.
As an added benefit, she slathered the bread with a coconut rich frosting boosted with the immune protecting properties of elderberries, Skullcap, Cordyceps, Reishi, Shiitake and Maiitake-- all found in our Black Elderberry Syrup.
That plus bananas, fiber, and antioxidant rich blueberries makes for a delicious way to absorb nutrients! We hope you like it berry much!
BANANA BLUEBERRY BREAD
Ingredients:BANANA BLUEBERRY BREAD
- 2 flax eggs (1 tablespoon of chia/flax meal with 8 tablespoons of water)
- 1 cup of coconut sugar or granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup of mashed banana (about 1 1/2
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon of plant based milk
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tbsp of QI Protein Powder
- A dash of salt
- 3/4 cup of blueberries (tossed with 1 tablespoon of flour)
- 1 can of whipped coconut cream
- 2 1/2 cups (I know!!) of icing sugar
- 1 tbsp of wild blueberry juice (I blended 2 cups of wild blueberries and sieved the liquid)
- 1 tsp of Black Elderberry Syrup
- 1 tbsp of Coconut Cream Powder
- 1 tsp of blue spirulina (optional)
Method:BANANA BLUEBERRY BREAD
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Prepare 3 mini loaf pans. (I just added it all into one bowl tbh)
- Add all your wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add your dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Fold in your blueberries carefully.
- Bake for 75 minutes for a loaf pan. Watch carefully and check towards the end to see if it’s cooked.
- Whip your coconut cream with your hand held blender
- Add the rest of your ingredients. Keep in the fridge until ready to use.
- Spread the frosting across your cooled banana bread
- Garnish with berries