To celebrate the launch of our new Butterfly Pea Powder, we present to you Blue Butterfly Pea Donuts! Gorgeous, easy, and delicious, these donuts are sure to satisfy your stomach while also nourishing the body and mind.
Butterfly pea flower tea is also used for beauty purposes, such as contributing to healthy-looking skin, hair and eyes. When it is combined with acidic ingredient, such as lemon, the pH changes the color from blue to violet, as you can see in the recipe below!
We are ecstatic to be offering this 100% organic flower now & mind-blown that we sold out within the first week of launching! We’re grateful so grateful for the love that we are offering 20 % off to all who pre-order in the next few weeks.
Read on for the recipe below ✨
GLUTEN FREE DONUTS
2 cups hazelnut meal
1 cup oat meal
2 tsp baking powder
1 flax egg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1 cup coconut sugar
4 tbsp apple sauce or coconut oil
1/2 cup milk + 1 tsp apple cider
Preheat oven at 350F°
Combine all ingredients in one bowl.
Fill a donut pan 3/4 full. These don’t rise as much as gluten ones. Bake for 10 mins. Let cool completely. They need to be soft and they’ll taste fudgey!
1 cup flour
1/2 cup coconut sugar/refined sugar
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup plant based milk
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp vanilla
4 T butter/apple sauce/coconut oil/1 flax egg
1/4 raspberries or wild blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Set aside your milk with apple cider vinegar
3. Mix all your ingredients together in one bowl, adding your milk that you set aside.. Note, if using apple sauce the donuts will have an apple taste. It tastes really nice. If using coconut oil, it’ll have a coconut taste. The best version was with flax meal. They were firm, light and couldn’t taste a flavour.
4. Fill a donut pan half way to 3/4 of the way. Bake for 12 mins. Let it cool completely.
1. Warm up your milk for 20 seconds in the microwave.
2. Add your tsp of butterfly pea powder until it’s evenly mixed.
3. Slowly add this to your icing sugar. Check for consistency - if it’s too think, add more milk. If it’s too thin, add more icing sugar.
4. Optional, if you want to have purple icing add lemon juice BEFORE you add your blue butterfly pea milk you made to the icing sugar. Alternatively, you can just make more donuts and purple glaze to your next set of donuts.
We follow the highest manufacturing standards with passion! Anima Mundi is a family owned and operated business. Our superfoods are made in an FDA registered and cGMP certified facility, made in the U.S. with certified organic herbs and wild harvested plants in a vegan and gluten free kitchen. Our products contain zero fillers, binders or flow agents. They are lab tested for purity and efficiency.