Introducing Dandelion Greens Quiche with Golden Moon Milk - a savory, satisfying treat for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or a snack. Our Quiche recipe utilizes tofu instead or the traditional eggs used in a quiche. When blended, the tofu creates the perfect consistency for this quiche and the Golden Moon Milk creates a beautiful golden color. This tofu quiche is hearty, filling and can be enjoyed hot or cold.
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- 2.5 tablespoons water
- 1 cup almond flour or oat flour
- 1 cup gluten-free flour blend (I used Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free baking flour in blue bag)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-4 tablespoons water, as needed
- 1/2 cup washed dandelion leaves
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, thinly slice
- 14- ounce block firm tofu, drained
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon Golden Moon Milk
For the crust
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line a tart pan with a removable bottom with parchment paper.
- Make flax egg: combine the ground flaxseeds and water in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a food processor, add the dandelion leaves and blend for 1 minute. Add the dry ingredients (almond flour, gluten free flour and salt) and pulse to combine. With the food processor running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil and flax egg. Add 2-4 tablespoons water and pulse, as needed, until the dough sticks together when you press it between your fingers.
- Crumble the dough into the prepared tart pan and press the mixture evenly on the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Press firmly and evenly. Poke a few holes in the bottom of the crust, line the crust with a piece of parchment paper and baking beans and then bake for 15 minutes. Remove and set aside while you make the filling.
For the filling
- In a medium sauté pan over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons olive oil and the sliced onions, sauté for 7-10 minutes until caramelized and golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In the same food processor, add the drained tofu (no need to press it), water, golden moon milk, nutritional yeast, and salt. Blend until very smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Remove baking beans from the crust and spread the sautéed onions evenly over the crust and then add the golden tofu filling and spread evenly using an offset spatula. Decorate the top of the filling with fresh dandelion leaves and flowers. Bake for about 35 minutes, until the top is firm.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Remove the dandelion leaves and flowers before serving for an effect similar to a botanical sun print.