SCHISANDRA ROSE Love Cream Bites
Schisandra Berry one of nature’s most prized adaptogenic remedies. Known to many as the “quintessence of tonic herbs,” schisandra is treasured for its incredible balancing abilities for mood, body, perception, and more. Schisandra promotes the beauty and functionality of the skin, benefits the mind, assistants sexual functions in men and women, and detoxifies the liver without causing re-toxification when the toxins are eliminated from the body.
Simple, functional, no-bake chocolate treats are sure to bring love to your heart and satisfy your sweet tooth without all the extra sugar. These Schisandra Rose Cream Love Bites feature our Rose Powder and Schisandra Rose Elixir, which are both known to help balance the mood and encourage peace of mind. Enjoy this delicious grain free and vegan goodness bites!
1 cup raw cashews
½ cup coconut butter, softened
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
1 Tbsp schisandra elixir
1 Tbsp rose powder
150-200g 85% dark chocolate
- Soak cashews in water for 4hrs then drain well. Bring to the boil + simmer 5 min, then turn off the heat and drain immediately. If you use the hot method, allow cashews to cool for 10 min before moving onto step 2.
- Add cashews + remaining ingredients to a small blender and blend until smooth. We used a small blender with a paddle/tamper for best results, but don't worry if your mixture is a little bit grainy. Taste + add extra rose powder if desired.
- Line a small paper tray with baking paper or a silicone mat. Roughly measure out a Tbsp of cashew mix and dollop on the tray. Repeat until all the mix has been used then refrigerate for 1 hour+. Remove from fridge and use hands to shape into little rounds or discs- these can be very rustic + really whatever shape you like- and place back onto the lined tray. Once you have finished, place the tray into the freezer for 30 minutes.
- While the cashew cream mixture sets in the freezer prepare your chocolate. Break or chop into small pieces and place into a heat proof bowl. Heat 2cm water in a small saucepan until boiling. Reduce heat and place the bowl of chocolate so it is sitting on the rim of the saucepan. Gently heat until melted, stirring occasionally
- Remove cashew bites from the fridge and dip each into the chocolate. Move quickly + replace each one onto the tray. The chocolate should set very quickly but if they don’t place in the fridge until set. Transfer to an airtight container. For storage-store in an airtight container the fridge (up to 5 days) or freezer (up to 3 months).
*To soften coconut butter ½ fill a small saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Turn off the heat. With the lid screwed on tightly sit the jar of coconut butter into the hot water. Weigh down if necessary. Stand until the coconut butter has become liquid.
*Start with 1 Tbsp at a time, taste + add more if it is to your liking.
*You can use the lesser amount of chocolate and melt more if required-how much chocolate you use will really depend on how quickly you move, and how thickly you coat each bite.
Recipe by our beloved kitchen witch @panaceas_pantry