Pairing brain boosting herbs with deliciousness is my favorite snack to keep on hand during the work week. Adaptogenic brain herbs like Brahmi, Lions Mane and supporting powerhouses like Gotu Kola and Ginkgo thrive when paired with healthy fats like coconut + and oxygen rich carriers like matcha. I love adding Reishi as an added support, as its known for its masterful lung tonic activity, on top of being an immune protector, along with its many other adaptogenic benefits. Make these delicious nuggets and have them around when you're in the midst of your busy week, you'll be oh so thankful, trust me.
- 2 cups finely shredded coconut
- 1 cup coconut cream powder
- 2 tablespoons melted extra virgin coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon high-quality matcha powder
- 1Tbsp The Mind supertonic
- 1tsp Reishi powder (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1. Add 2 cups finely shredded coconut and process in a food processor until a thick paste forms. This will take approximately 2 minutes.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and process for another 30 seconds or until combined. Next, add the remaining 1 cup of the coconut powder and pulse 2-3 for approximately five seconds until well combined.
3. Using a cookie scoop (or your hands) make small balls with the dough. This should yield about 10 macaroons. Sprinkle with flake salt and/or hemp seeds. Refrigerate until firm and then devour! .