Blog | GOLDEN SUN MILK Ramen Noodle Curry
GOLDEN SUN MILK Ramen Noodle Curry
This recipe by Sculpted Kitchen is a wonderful way to incorporate our Golden Sun Milk into a savory dish. Fresh veggies come together with tofu and noodles for a wonderful combination of flavor and freshness. The turmeric in this delicious dish adds a boost of anti-inflammatory power while the adaptogens within the Golden Sun Milk add an extra layer of adaptogenic support. Dig in to the deliciousness that is this gorgeous curry!
- 1/2 cup of red pepper, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup of shiitake mushrooms or cremeni mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup of zucchini, sliced into thin circles
- I package of extra firm tofu
- 4 tbsp of corn starch
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of sweet red chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame seed oil (or extra virgin olive oil if you prefer)
- 3 shallots or 1/2 cup of purple onions, diced
- 1 tsp curry powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 can of coconut cream (I found whipped coconut cream)
- 3 squares of uncooked ramen noodles
- 1/2 tsp of Golden Sun Milk (if you love turmeric you could add up to 1 tsp)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp sweet red chilli sauce
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 cup vegetable stock
Preparation of Tofu
1. Wrap tofu up two times with paper towels
2. Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare a baking tray
3. Place on a cutting board or on a plate, balance a heavy pot on top to squeeze the excess liquid into the surrounding paper towel
4. After 1 hour, remove tofu from paper towels and cut into 1 inch squares.
5. Place all your ingredients for tofu, excluding soy sauce and red chili sauce, in a big ziplock bag or a deep bowl. Toss to coat.
6. Spread your tofu on a baking tray.
7. Combine your soy sauce and red chili sauce in a small bowl. Using a brush, dip into this bowl and brush your tofu evenly with this sauce mix
8. Bake for 25 minutes. I remove the tofu half way and turn it to make sure it’s evenly cooked
9. Remove from oven and set aside
Preparation for Curry
1. Boil water according to ramen noodle instruction and cook noodles. Rinse with cold water and set aside.
2. Heat a deep pan to low medium heat and add your oil
3. Add your shallots, ginger and garlic and let is pan fry for a few minutes
4. Add the remainder of your spices, excluding vegetable stock and coconut cream
5. Let everything mix well and add your vegetables. Cover and cook until they’ve softened - about 5 minutes.
6. Remove cover and add your coconut cream and let it soften. Mix well. Add your vegetable broth. Bring to a boil and then back down to a simmer.
7. Add in your tofu.
8. Add in the ramen noodles. Coat the ramen noodles and mix well. You’re done! All you need to do is taste for flavour and garnish
Garnish ideas: Cilantro leaves, red or green chili, red chilli flakes, pepper, wedges of lime and chives or spring onions. I made extra mushrooms in a pan for “croutons” or you could even caramelize onions to sprinkle on top.