ADAPTOGENIC PEANUT BUTTER Cups
Did you know that adding medicinal mushrooms in your chocolate
might just be your perfect chill pill?
Mushrooms and chocolate are one of the most perfect synergistic combinations out there. The chemical constituents in both cacao and many medicinal mushrooms are so complementary that they potentiate each other when combined. Some medicinal mushrooms like Reishi, and Chaga, have a naturally chocolately taste, so you barely taste it, yet when consumed regularly you see the significant stress and anxiety management/ immune protection/ longevity chemistry (and beyond) they can naturally provide. Cacao is also an excellent carrier to pair with medicines as its one of the most nutritionally dense superfoods found in nature, ontop of being an efficient "delivery system". One of the main alkaloids, theobromine, dilates the intestines and cardiovascular system, becoming one of the highest oxygen rich carriers in nature, meaning it optimized absorption (and the overall experience of your medicine!) Last but not least, its renowned for its mood boosting effects, as it contains beneficial neurotransmitters and neuromodulators, becoming one of the best natural anti-depressants out there. Anyways, lets get to the recipe!
. . .
. . .
(you can sub for your choice of adaptogenic mushroom)
- Begin by making the raspberry jam. Crumble up the raspberries in a bowl and stir through the chia seeds. Set aside on the bench to defrost.
- Next begin making the chocolate mix. Stir all the chocolate ingredients together, (all other ingredients except the peanut butter) spoon 1/2 of the mixture into silicone cupcake moulds (approx 4), stirring between each spoonful to prevent the mushroom and stevia setting on the bottom.
- Place moulds in the freezer to set for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove moulds from freezer and spoon 1 heaped tsp of peanut butter in the centre of each. Using the back of a spoon spread the peanut butter into a disk that is slightly smaller than the diameter of the chocolate base.
- Spoon the raspberry jam on top of the peanut butter.
- Spoon the remaining chocolate mixture into the cups, ensuring the raspberries are covered.
- Place in the freezer for 5-10 more minutes or until set.
- The chocolate will begin to melt when removed from the freezer in warmer climates. Store in the fridge or freezer. Eat straight from the fridge or freezer! I prefer to cut them in half and only eat 1/2 per serving as they’re quite rich and chocolatey! Enough to curb any sweet craving.