We follow the highest manufacturing standards with passion! Anima Mundi is a family owned and operated business. Our superfoods are made in an FDA registered and cGMP certified facility. Made in the U.S. with certified organic herbs, wild harvested plants in a vegan and gluten free kitchen. Our products contain zero fillers, binders or flow agents. Lab tested for purity and efficiency.
HE SHOU WU | Hair Growth + Longevity
Hair Growth | Skin Glow | Longevity
This is one of those holy roots that has a whole lot of documented uses since ancient times, as well as being revered by the modern scientific community. He Shou Wu, Polygonum multiflorum, is a popular herb in traditional Chinese medicine. Commonly known as He shou wu in China and Fo-ti in North America, studies have shown this herb to be beneficial in the treatment of cancer, supporting diabetes, hair loss, hardening of the arteries, and neurodegenerative diseases. Traditionally, it's also revered as a spiritual herb, known amongst monks and healers to boost spiritual potency.
- Anti-inflammatory* [R]
- May promote Immune Function* [R, R]
- Anti-viral* [R]
- May protect the liver* [R, R]
- May protect the bones from oxidative stress* [R]
- Can protect tissue oxygenation in Diabetes* [R, R]
- Neuro-protective* [R]
A Note on He Shou Wu:
- Proper processing of He Shou Wu is known to greatly reduce its impact on the GI tract, particularly the liver. It’s raw form, which can cause nausea and diarrhea, is actually used in Traditional Chinese Medicine for particular detoxification protocols; whereas the decoction is used for tonifying the kidneys and liver, supplementing essence and blood, blackening hair, strengthening bones and muscles, and eliminating dampness in the body.* [R]
- Although He Shou Wu is usually used to treat various liver diseases, there have been cases of potential HSW-induced hepatotoxicity resulting in severe drug-induced liver injury. In Traditional Chinese Medicine, HSW is a multicomponent synergistic system used for strengthening and detox, yet it produces biphasic effects, meaning: it can cause both liver injury and liver protection.* [R]
- Taking HSW at a regular small dose, with complementary liver supportive herbs, greatly reduces its potential hepatotoxicity, and enhances its esteemed vitality effects in the body.*
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any diseases.
Net Wt +
He Shou Wu*
*semi wild roots, sustainably grown in a small farm in China from an authentic source in Yunnan; a very pristine and indigenous area to China where He Shou Wu thrives.
10:1 extract powder; prepared by the traditional method with black beans. It does not contain any fillers or additives!! Be aware that many Fo-Ti's in the market contain maltodextrin.
Net Wt + Servings
5oz / 142g fine powder per jar.
109 servings (using 1/2tsp per serving) per container.
As a typical tonic medicine found in Chinese medicine and other healing traditions in Asia, the clinical utility of He Shou Wu largely depends on processing methods. The hepatotoxicity of HSW is not easily detected when used at recommended doses and when properly processed as a decoction. In the Chinese Pharmacopoeia the predetermined daily dose of decocted He Shou Wu is 3-6g, about 1/2-1tsp. It can be added to tea, coffee, or your favorite latte.
We recommend everyone listen to their body intuitively; follow the dosage that resonates the most with you.
The main chemicals responsible for the hepatotoxicity of HSW are free anthraquinones such as emodin and physcion [R], which are at higher percentages when consumed in its raw form. Because it also may mimic estrogen in the body, it is not recommended for those dealing with estrogen positive cancers, or excessive estrogen count overall.
How to Store
Store the container in a cool and dry place. Avoid direct contact with very bright light or sunlight as it might damage the product.
He Shou Wu
Commonly known as He Shou Wu in China, it is a holy root that has documented uses since ancient times, as well as being revered by the modern scientific community. It has been found to be beneficial for supporting diabetes, treating hair loss, improving heart health, improving digestion, and even has anti-cancer compounds.