There is no love sincerer than the love of food. There is nothing I love more than to enrich delicious food with medicine and soul. This thanksgiving I will be making a tonic feast with friends and family to truly reap the benefits of health and union. We will be infusing tamales with adaptogens, digestive and probiotic rich tea's before devouring, and LOTS of pumpkin pie action with aphrodisiacs! Why not?! Ah yes, and of course, making cocktails with energizing herbs. I invite you to get creative and add a whole lot of euphoric and happy tonics with a side of detox into your thanksgiving potions to kick off the holy-days right.
Kitchen tips for a tonic rich feast:
- Get the juices flowin' > An herbal cocktail for dinner (with or without alcohol) is a great way to open up the feel good vibes. I usually start off the evening with a cacao rich euphoric elixir for some awakening and joyful vibes.
- Eat (and bring) your greens > If you think green beans is the only green you’ll see at the dinner, bring over your kale and dandelions (at least). Kale is an easy add on and loved by all and make a salad dressing with your favorite green superfood mix. Your belly will be thankful if you throw a luscious handful on your plate.
- After dinner soothing brew > a soothing ginger - turmeric tea with some nervine herbs is always helpful to breakdown and relax. Nervines are relaxing herbs known to decompress the nervous system, some of my favorites are: blue lotus, skullcap, kava kava, passionflower.
- Morning after : debloat + shake it out > A simple morning preparation to boost enzymes, gently cleanse the kidneys and wake up the gut. I love incorporating mangosteen-hibiscus for extra anti-oxidant and vitamin C, some bitters, and apple cider vinegar.
...And perhaps a little later make a bullet proof coffee boosted with some adaptogens :)
EUPHORIC CACAO ELIXIR
(makes about two servings, duplicate or triplicate according to how many you’ll be nourishing)
- 2 cups of hot water
- 2 tbsp of cacao powder
- 2 tbsp euphoria elixir
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp raw honey or maple
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp of suma
- Directions: add all ingredients into a blender. Reduce the amount of water if you'd like it thicker and add a couple ice cubes if you'd like it chilled.
We're running our photo giveaway this month!
Win a book and a box of medicine!
Share a photo of your herbal ritual using one of Anima Mundi's products. Within the picture you must include the product you are using and how you are using it. Tag us (@animamundiherbals) and use the hashtag #farmtopharmacy and #healingtonics for us to recognize you, and see the magic you are brewin’!
PRIZE # 1 Win a $100 voucher on Anima Mundi’s online shop and a copy of our Healing Tonics cookbook!
PRIZE # 2 Win a $50 voucher and a free Healing Tonics cookbook!
PRIZE # 3 Win a Healing Tonics cookbook and your favorite tonic or elixir! *** All gifts can be redeemable as gift cards if you’d like to give away to a special someone.
RECEIVE 25% OFF TO ENHANCE YOUR THANKSGIVING WITH MEDICINE!
*Valid through thanksgiving weekend*
Photo Courtesy : by Camille Styles