Targeting here the all encompassing aspects on self care... Vitamin C Tarts! Loaded with our Soma 7 Mushroom Elixir rich with one of my favorite adaptogens, shizandra, and a generous dose of rose for a heart opening and immune boosting experience
I know I've said this many times, but I cannot stress enough how vital it is to pair mushrooms with vitamin C. When paired, they chemically enhance one another, allowing for a deeper absorption of the medicinal compounds within the mushrooms -- not only facilitating digestion, but increasing the immune boosting components. Our Soma is a double extracted elixir made of 100% organic + locally grown mushrooms, using both fruiting body and mycelium.
Go treat yourself to these delicious Soma Tarts to remember the sweetness of life, and celebrate the fact that spring has arrived!
SOMA BERRY TARTS
Silvia is a professional baker, stylist and photographer, creator of Salvia+Limone. Follow her goodness here to get eternal inspiration on her exquisite magic.
Ingredients for Jam
1 heaping cup of Berries
3/4-1cup of Raw sugar*
2Tbsp Chia seeds
1Tbsp Coconut Oil
6Tbsp Soma Mushroom Elixir
2 packs of crushed gluten free Oat Cakes*
3 Tbsp Coconut oil
2-4 Tbsp Maple or rice syrup (or 4-6 medjool dates)
1 Tbsp raw sugar (or coconut sugar works well!)
2-3 tbsp plant-based milk
1/4 tsp salt
*Some folks sub the oat cakes for left over almond pulp from making milk (be sure its totally dry when using!), or using the classic graham cracker pie crust (which you can find gluten free as well).
Directions for Crust:
- Preheat the oven at 180°.
- Line a small pie dish with baking paper.
- Add all the ingredients to a food processer and pulse until the mixture is well combined and start to be sticky. Test if it’s moist enough to be pressed in a crust. If it’s not, add one or two extra spoons of milk to better moist the mixture.
- You can decide to have a rough crust or a more fine crust pulsing the ingredients until they create a smooth dough. Personally I prefer the pastry to be quite fine to go with the smooth softness of this filling.
- Press the crust into the pie tin. Press the edges well so that they hold.
- Bake on a low rack at 180°C for 20 minutes or until golden.
Combining the pie